Continue to develop a community focused company, that supports growth, lifestyle and opportunity
- To provide exceptional service, solving all aluminium problems promptly
- To provide the best aluminium education to all young talent through apprenticeships
- Established 1971 continuing a proud community involvement
- Continue to do the unique projects that no one can do
- Creating opportunities for employees to work in the best aluminium workshop in Australia
Norweld are proud of their impressive design and workshop facilities.
Our small fabrication,repairs and material sales workshop is located in Cairns at 9 Ogden Street in the suburb of Bungalow. Norweld Aluminium have a top quality fabrication equipment and workshop machinery to ensure that every job meets rigorous quality, presentation and supports our life time manufacturer’s warranty
Norweld has a wide range of equipment over our two sites to meet all the needs of our customers – services include:
- Press Brake with NC control 3.2M x 120 tonne, for all your pressing requirements
- Guillotine 3M x 10mm aluminium capacity, for all your cutting needs
- Ercolina Tube Bender up to 60mm diameter pipe, for all tube and pipe sizes
- Fronius TPS 2700 Pulse mig welders for clean and crisp mig welds
- Miller Dynasty Tig Welders 300 amp for the tig welding
- Plasma Cutter 2.5M x 6M bed with a cutting capacity of 25mm steel and aluminium with our Hypertherm plasma cutter.
- Solidworks – for all your design needs
The site is 800m2 in total with 400m2 under roof, to store your prized possessions with safety.
Steve Umback – Project and Design Manager Ute Trays and Canopies. Steve has been employed at Norweld since 2002. He has exceptional trade skills and knowledge in all aspects of aluminium design and fabrication.Steve has a keen engineering interest in all things aluminium. He has taken an active role in Norweld’s movement into CAD and CNC Plasma Cutting and more recently Solidworks. The team at Norweld look up to Steve for his leadership and knowledge when it come to design, fabrication and repairs. Steve facilitates the project management of all our large fabrication projects to ensure critical deadlines are met and we exceed customer expectation.
Levi Ziegelbauer – Manager Ogden Street. Levi has been employed at Norweld since 2002. Levi is attentive to all customers needs to make sure that the job is done right the first time. He has an understanding of the rigours and demands placed on the workshop to get the jobs out on time. He places special emphasis on material only sales for all our cash and account customers and is an expert in aluminium extrusion and plate and is able to source hard to find aluminium products. Levi recently finished his Diploma in Business Management.